A well-funded start-up, supported by CERN, is building a web archiving platform that allows harvesting, preserving, managing and reusing web content (websites, blogs, social media). Our clients can collect, curate, catalogue, store, interrogate and analyse selected online content. They can also build their own archives and control access to them.
We are now looking for a smart and passionate python developer to join our core development team and help build a scalable infrastructure aimed at the global market. The ideal candidate should be confident, responsible, self-motivated, with the ability to work in a start-up culture. He or she should be able to:
- Design, write, test, and document high quality code
- Solve problems, both individually and as part of a team
- Meet tight deadlines
- Adapt to changing requirements
- Understand and work with other people’s code
- Travel internationally
- Very strong knowledge of Python and web crawling/scraping technologies
- Strong Linux skills (including admin)
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases like Mysql and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of MongoDB and elastic search is a plus
- Did we mention Python?
- A full time job with many challenges
- Excellent opportunities for technical, business and personal development
- International travel
- Work-time flexibility
- The chance to work in close collaboration with CERN
Please send CV and code references (Git or other) to firstname.lastname@example.org.