The main aim of Work Package Four (WP4) was the implementation of a weblog digital repository which should be able to collect, store, manage and disseminate large volumes of weblogs. This was achieved through a software application that constitutes of two components: the weblog aggregation component, capable of searching, harvesting and analysing large volumes of weblogs and the digital repository component, responsible for weblog data preservation. The digital repository ensures weblog proliferation, safeguarding their integrity, authenticity and long-term accessibility over time, and allows for better sharing and re-using of contained knowledge.
The leader of WP4 was CERN.
The deliverables of WP4 were:
- D4.1: User requirements and platform specifications, 2011/12/30,
- D4.2: Weblog spider component design, 2012/06/30,
- D4.3: Initial weblog spider prototype, 2012/09/30,
- D4.4: Digital repository component design, 2012/11/30,
- D4.5: Initial weblog digital repository prototype, 2013/01/31,
- D4.6: Final weblog spider component, 2013/04/30,
- D4.7: Final weblog digital repository component, 2013/05/31,
- D4.8: Final BlogForever platform, 2013/08/30.